13 Ways To Improve Your Running
Running is a good exercise if you want to lose weight or to keep fit. To get the best out of the running exercise, there are several tips that you can follow to improve your running. Below are 13 ways to help you improve your running .
Improve Your Running Through
- Proper breathing- you should take deep breaths to ensure that the body has the oxygen it will need during the exercise. Shallow breaths will make you tire easily and you won’t run for long.
- Setting goals- You should set goals on what you want out of the running exercise and the distance you will be covering each day. Setting goals and aiming to achieve them will help you improve your running.
- Wearing comfortable shoes- Wearing shoes that are too tight or uncomfortable will affect your running. Knowing the right shoes to wear while running will improve your running and make you run for longer
- Warming up – Warming up will prepare your body for the running exercise and prevent side stitches and muscle tightness. You should cool down after running to prevent overworking the body.
- Running with other people- Joining other people as they run will make the exercise interesting since they will motivate you and make you run for long.
- Eating a proper diet- taking a proper diet will help improve your running since the body will have the calories it needs for the exercise. A poor diet will hamper the exercise since the body will not be strong enough for the exercise.
- Running at a pace you are comfortable with- Running at a comfortable pace will help improve your running since you will run for longer. Running too fast will make you tire easily.
- Ensuring that your upper body is relaxed- You should relax your face, shoulders and the entire upper body to ensure proper flow of oxygen in the body.
- Running outdoors as opposed to using a treadmill- running outside will motivate you to run longer since there is fresh air and good scenery. Running indoors may turn boring and changing the scenery will help improve your running.
- Do a massage or yoga to help relax your body- Massaging the body will ensure that your body is in the best state and this will improve your runningDuring the exercise, stop and stretch to ensure that the muscles are not overworked and soothe a muscle that might be aching.
- Combining walking and running- If your body gets too tired,stop and take a walk to relax the body and resume running when you feel your body is ready for running.
- Not overdoing it – Over working your body might lead to injuries or fatigue. When you start running, start at a shorter distance and aim to increase the distance every day.
- Makeing sure your body is properly hydrated- Drink plenty of water before running to prevent dehydration. You will sweat a lot during running and making sure that your body has the correct amount of water it needs will improve your running.
If you follow the above tips, you will improve your running and get the best out of the exercise.
Tagged improve your running, running